Newbury Racecourse has many award winning food and drink outlets, of particular note are those in the Berkshire & Hampshire stands
On A Raceday
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
As we now start to emerge from the pandemic, Newbury Racecourse appreciates the concerns and questions you may still have around returning to Newbury Racecourse. Now, more than ever before the safety and security of all our customers and staff is of the upmost importance. Many of the safety measures that were introduced to welcome you back initially will remain in place as we start to fully re-open open again to full capacities.
One of the benefits of a site such as Newbury Racecourse is the expansive outdoor space on offer which covers nearly 250 acres of grounds as well as the open indoor areas that allow us to hold large crowds.
For your safety and the safety of others, please make sure to observe the following whilst at our Racecourse:
- If you are travelling to the racecourse via public transport, please ensure you adhere to the relevant guidance.
- Do not travel to the racecourse if you have any Covid-19 symptoms as entry will be denied.
- For the safety of other racegoers and racecourse staff, please consider wearing a face covering in busy indoor areas or outside where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Regularly wash your hands, use the hand sanitizer stations around the site and avoid touching your face and dispose of any used tissues appropriately.
- Familiarise yourself with your entry point [entry time] and location of amenities within the racecourse.
- Please be aware that we are a cashless site, but on-course bookmakers/pool betting operators will accept cash.
- Enjoy the vast amounts of space around the racecourse and avoid congregating in busy areas (for example, along the rail or by the Winning Post).
- Make sure all walkways, corridors and doorways etc are clear before you walk through.
- Follow all signage and the instructions of staff, officials or any emergency service personnel present at the racecourse.
- Do not try to access areas of the racecourse apart the area detailed on your ticket.
- Make sure other members of your group have read and understood these guidelines.
Thank you so much for your support and co-operation. We hope you have a wonderful day with us at the races.
Arriving at the Racecourse
Please be aware that we are currently operating heightened security measures at all our race meetings.
This means that there will be more extensive bag and physical search procedures for everyone at all our entrances, which may include search dogs. You may also notice a stronger security presence throughout the site and the vicinity. On occasions the police may directly use further drug detection methods to support our own searching regimes.
These measures may mean that access to the Racecourse might take longer than you expect. Please be prepared for this and allow sufficient extra time. Please also bear in mind that if you exit at any stage, you will need to pass through security to re-enter. We also ask that you do not bring unnecessary bags or luggage into the racecourse.
We hope that these measures do not cause you or your guests too much inconvenience and ask for your understanding, patience and cooperation.
Premier Enclosure, Hospitality & The Hennessy Restaurant
Many people like to dress up, especially for our Saturday meetings. Racegoers are encouraged to wear smart attire; gentlemen are asked to wear a collared shirt, although a tie is not essential.
Smart denim with no rips or tears and long, tailored shorts are acceptable.
No sports/denim shorts, T-shirts, vests, sports/supporter shirts, tracksuits or bare chests. Gentlemen’s flip flops/sandals are not permitted.
Grandstand Enclosure & Racegoers Restaurant
No sportswear, bare chests or ripped/torn denim. Fancy dress is welcome though we reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone whose attire may cause offence or danger to other racegoers.
Under 12s- no dress code.
Here are some ideas of what to wear for the Jumps Season:
Here are some ideas of what to wear for the Flat Season:
Newbury Racecourse reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who is considered inappropriately dressed
What to bring
- Proof of age (if you are under 26 or lucky enough to look it)
- Enough cash for the day and / or a cash card
- Your ticket / ticket collection reference number
- You may bring one sealed bottle of still water of up to 500ml into the enclosures
What not to bring into the enclosures
- Food and drink (picnicking in the car parks is allowed)
- Chairs, tents, parasols, gazebos or bikes
- Weapons or anything that may be considered offensive
- Flags or banners containing poles or sticks and that could restrict the view of or be construed as offensive to other spectators
- Glass containers of any kind, pets, laser pens
If you have any queries on the day, please visit our reception desk located at the Eastern Entrance where our team will be pleased to help.
Get the most out of your day by purchasing a racecard on your arrival. This will give you information on all the runners and riders of the day, details of other on site activities and is a nice souvenir of the day to take away with you. Racecards can be purchased via card payment only.
Please note that we have now gone cashless across the site for all tickets/food and drink purchases as well as racecards. On-course bookmakers/pool betting operators may accept cash. We have a small number of cash machines located in both enclosures accepting all major UK debit cards. Please be aware that there is a withdrawal fee.
Challenge 25 Policy
If you or your guests appear to be between the ages of 18 and 25 and are intending to drink alcohol, you will be required to obtain a wristband from our Wristband Exchange point located at the Eastern Entrance. If you appear to be under the age of 26 you will be unable to purchase alcohol without a wristband. You will need to show a valid Driving Licence, Passport or Pass Card to obtain a wristband (this must be an original ID document, not a copy or photograph).
If you have not yet booked your accommodation, Newbury Racecourse have teamed up with HotelPlanner.com to provide our racegoers with discounted hotel prices. Head to www.newburyracecourse.hotelplanner.com to find exclusive discounted accommodation for our racedays.