Newbury Racecourse has many award winning food and drink outlets, of particular note are those in the Berkshire & Hampshire stands
On A Raceday
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Following the easing of Plan B restrictions on Thursday 27 January Covid Passports or proof of a negative lateral flow is no longer required to get into any upcoming fixtures. We do advise wearing face masks inside however this is not mandatory.
Your safety and the safety of all our staff and participants is our priority so we kindly ask you to remember:
- Do not come racing if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Do not come racing if you have tested positive for Covid-19.
- Wash or sanitise your hands as frequently as you can, following the handwashing guidance and make use of the hand sanitiser stations around the racecourse
- Wearing a mask indoors is advised but is not mandatory for all racecourse attendees including racegoers, hospitality and dining customers, Owners and Trainers, Members, Raceday Officials and Staff unless you are exempt.
- Observe social distancing protocols where possible
- If you are travelling to the racecourse via public transport, please ensure you adhere to the relevant guidance.
- Familiarise yourself with your entry point [entry time] and location of amenities within the racecourse.
- Please be aware that we are a cashless site, but on-course bookmakers/pool betting operators will accept cash.
- Enjoy the vast amounts of space around the racecourse and avoid congregating in busy areas (for example, along the rail or by the Winning Post).
- Follow all signage and the instructions of staff, officials or any emergency service personnel present at the racecourse.
- Do not try to access areas of the racecourse apart the area detailed on your ticket.
- Make sure other members of your group have read and understood these guidelines
Arriving at the Racecourse
Please be aware that we are currently operating heightened security measures at all our race meetings.
This means that there will be more extensive bag and physical search procedures for everyone at all our entrances, which may include search dogs. You may also notice a stronger security presence throughout the site and the vicinity. On occasions the police may directly use further drug detection methods to support our own searching regimes.
These measures may mean that access to the Racecourse might take longer than you expect. Please be prepared for this and allow sufficient extra time. Please also bear in mind that if you exit at any stage, you will need to pass through security to re-enter. We also ask that you do not bring unnecessary bags or luggage into the racecourse.
We hope that these measures do not cause you or your guests too much inconvenience and ask for your understanding, patience and cooperation.
The dress code is an important aspect to the raceday experience ad we want everyone to feel their best for their day out with us.
Premier Enclosure, Hospitality & The Hennessy Restaurant
Racegoers are encouraged to wear smart attire in the Premier Enclosure and many visitors choose to dress up for the day.
Smart shorts, smart denim jeans and trainers are acceptable. Denim must not be ripped, football/sports team shirts and vests are not permitted.
Grandstand Enclosure & Racegoers Restaurant
The Grandstand enclosure offers a more relaxed dress code and non-offensive fancy dress is welcome in this enclosure only. If you are planning to wear fancy dress and you aren’t sure it is suitable, please call us in advance in order to avoid disappointment on the day.
We also ask that there are no bare chests, sports/supporter shirts, vests or tracksuits in any of the enclosures and Newbury Racecourse reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone whose attire may cause offence or danger to other racegoers.
Under 12s- No dress code.
Here are some ideas of what to wear for the Flat Season:
Newbury Racecourse reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who is considered inappropriately dressed
WHAT TO BRING
- Proof of age (if you are under 26 or lucky enough to look it)
- Your ticket / ticket collection reference number
- Cash/payment card as are a cashless site for tickets, food and drink
- Cash is accepted by the bookmakers/tote betting facilities on site
- You may bring one sealed bottle of still water of up to 500ml into the enclosures
WHAT NOT TO BRING INTO THE ENCLOSURES
- Food and drink (picnicking in the car parks is allowed)
- Chairs, tents, parasols, gazebos or bikes
- Weapons or anything that may be considered offensive
- Flags or banners containing poles or sticks and that could restrict the view of or be construed as offensive to other spectators
- Glass containers of any kind
- Laser pens/balloons
If you have any queries on the day, please visit our reception desk located at the Eastern Entrance where our team will be pleased to help.
Get the most out of your day by purchasing a racecard on your arrival. This will give you information on all the runners and riders of the day, details of other on site activities and is a nice souvenir of the day to take away with you. Racecards can be purchased via card payment only.
Please note that we have now gone largely cashless across the site for all tickets/food and drink purchases as well as racecards. However all on-course bookmakers/pool betting operators will accept cash. We have a small number of cash machines located in both enclosures accepting all major UK debit cards. Please be aware that there is a withdrawal fee.
CHALLENGE 25 POLICY
If you or your guests appear to be between the ages of 18 and 25 and are intending to drink alcohol, you will be required to obtain a wristband from our Wristband Exchange point located at the Eastern Entrance. If you appear to be under the age of 26 you will be unable to purchase alcohol without a wristband. You will need to show a valid Driving Licence, Passport or Pass Card to obtain a wristband (this must be an original ID document, not a copy or photograph).
If you have not yet booked your accommodation, Newbury Racecourse have teamed up with HotelPlanner.com to provide our racegoers with discounted hotel prices. Head to www.newburyracecourse.hotelplanner.com to find exclusive discounted accommodation for our racedays.