Newbury Racecourse has many award winning food and drink outlets, of particular note are those in the Berkshire & Hampshire stands
On A Raceday
Covid-19 Important Information
During this uncertain time, Newbury Racecourse appreciates the concerns and questions you may have around returning to Newbury. Now, more than ever before the safety and security of all our customers and staff is of the upmost importance. We want to reassure you that the safety measures we have put in place across the site in advance of being able to welcome you back which is why we are proud to be able to say that we have been accredited with the “We’re Good To Go” industry standard from Visit Britain.
The “We’re Good To Go” industry standard mark is a self-assessment scheme that has been designed by VisitEngland to provide a ‘ring of confidence’ for all sectors of the hospitality and tourism industry, as well as reassurance to visitors, that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing.
The benefit of a site like Newbury Racecourse is the expansive space on offer which covers nearly 250 acres of outdoor grounds as well as expansive indoor areas that allow us to hold large crowds safely.
To ensure we are able to operate safely, the following outlines just some of the new protocols which are now in place, aligned to government and stakeholder guidelines and are constantly monitored
- New capacity restrictions
- Where possible, please travel to the racecourse in private transport
- Do not travel to the racecourse if you have any Covid-19 symptoms
- Observe all 2m social distancing protocols at all times, whether inside or outside the racecourse
- Face coverings MUST be worn, at all times whether inside or outside, except when eating or drinking
- No vertical drinking will be allowed, you must be seated
- Please comply with any health checks that may be required on entering the racecourse
- Be aware, your temperature may be taken on entry
- Some racecourses may choose to operate a cashless event. On-course bookmakers may accept cash
- All catering outlets will be cashless across site
- Please use only the designated smoking areas on-course for cigarettes and ecigarettes
- Regularly wash your hands, use hand sanitizer and avoid touching your face and dispose of any used tissues appropriately
- Do not remove hand sanitizer or other personal hygiene products from there locations
- Do not congregate in specific areas of the racecourse (for example, along the rail or by the Winning Post)
- Make sure all walkways, corridors and doorways etc are clear before you walk through
- Avoid face to face contact with other spectators and avoid hugs, high fives and any contact with people not in your social bubble
- Follow all signage and the instructions of staff, officials or any emergency service personnel present at the racecourse
- Do not try to access areas of the racecourse apart the area detailed on your ticket
- Make sure other members of your group have read and understood these guidelines also
- Zoned areas around the site
- Track and Trace system embedded within our booking systems
Ticketing and Hospitality packages will be altered to reflect these changes, and our customers should book with confidence in the knowledge that should any future fixtures be cancelled or changed significantly by the government, automatic refunds will be issued.
Keep updated on all our safety measures as well as future ticketing details for 2020/2021 by registering your interest here: https://newburyracecourse.co.uk/register-your-interest-2021-fixtures/
We are constantly monitoring the government guidelines and making sure we are working as effectively as possible to bring all our customers back to the racecourse in the most professional and safe way. We would like to thank everyone for their patience during this time and want to give you the reassurance to trust us as a venue with the new safe guiding measures now in place.
We are committed to ensuring that your raceday experience is as fun as it was before, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
View our safety video
Arriving at the Racecourse
Please be aware that we are currently operating heightened security measures at all our race meetings.
This means that there will be more extensive bag and physical search procedures for everyone at all our entrances, which may include search dogs. You may also notice a stronger security presence throughout the site and the vicinity. On occasions the police may directly use further drug detection methods to support our own searching regimes.
These measures may mean that access to the Racecourse might take longer than you expect. Please be prepared for this and allow sufficient extra time. Please also bear in mind that if you exit at any stage, you will need to pass through security to re-enter. We also ask that you do not bring unnecessary bags or luggage into the racecourse.
We hope that these measures do not cause you or your guests too much inconvenience and ask for your understanding, patience and cooperation.
Premier Enclosure, Hospitality & The Hennessy Restaurant
Many people like to dress up, especially for our Saturday meetings. Racegoers are encouraged to wear smart attire; gentlemen are asked to wear a collared shirt, although a tie is not essential.
Smart denim with no rips or tears and long, tailored shorts are acceptable.
No sports/denim shorts, T-shirts, vests, sports/supporter shirts, tracksuits, sportswear (including trainers) or bare chests. Gentlemen’s flip flops/sandals are not permitted.
Grandstand Enclosure & Racegoers Restaurant
No sportswear, bare chests or ripped/torn denim. Fancy dress is welcome though we reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone whose attire may cause offence or danger to other racegoers.
Under 12s- no dress code.
Here are some ideas of what to wear for the Jumps Season:
Here are some ideas of what to wear for the Flat Season:
Newbury Racecourse reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone who is considered inappropriately dressed
What to bring
- Proof of age (if you are under 26 or lucky enough to look it)
- Enough cash for the day and / or a cash card
- Your ticket / ticket collection reference number
- You may bring one sealed bottle of still water of up to 500ml into the enclosures
What not to bring into the enclosures
- Food and drink (picnicking in the car parks is allowed)
- Chairs, tents, parasols, gazebos or bikes
- Weapons or anything that may be considered offensive
- Flags or banners containing poles or sticks and that could restrict the view of or be construed as offensive to other spectators
- Glass containers of any kind, pets, laser pens
If you have any queries on the day, please visit one of the reception desks located on the ground floor of either the Dubai Duty Free Grandstand or the Berkshire stand where our team will be pleased to help.
Get the most out of your day by purchasing a racecard on your arrival. This will give you information on all the runners and riders of the day, details of other on site activities and is a nice souvenir of the day to take away with you.
We have a number of cash machines in both enclosures accepting all major UK debit cards. Please be aware that there is a withdrawal fee.
Challenge 25 Policy
If you or your guests appear to be between the ages of 18 and 25 and are intending to drink alcohol, you will be required to obtain a wristband from one of our Wristband Exchange points located on the ground floor of the Berkshire Stand (Premier Enclosure) or Dubai Duty Free Grandstand (Grandstand Enclosure). If you appear to be under the age of 26 you will be unable to purchase alcohol without a wristband. You will need to show a valid Driving Licence, Passport or Pass Card to obtain a wristband (this must be an original ID document, not a copy or photograph).
If you have not yet booked your accommodation, Newbury Racecourse have teamed up with HotelPlanner.com to provide our racegoers with discounted hotel prices. Head to www.newburyracecourse.hotelplanner.com to find exclusive discounted accommodation for our racedays.