Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic individuals with good personal skills to work at the Racecourse within racing and conferences & events as well as in The Lodge and the Rocking Horse Nursery. We offer roles on both a full-time and on a casual basis.
Casual Work Recruitment Open Days
If you have great personal skills and love variety we’d love to speak to you.
If you’re interested in part-time or casual work at a range of different events and/or racedays, email email@example.com
Sales Ledger & Credit Control
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Fixed Term: Maternity Cover
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, this includes a raceday concert from Madness, Dubai Duty Free International and Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We are now seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our dedicated finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will primarily take responsibility for the management of the Sales Ledger function for Newbury Racecourse plc. This is a maternity cover vacancy and as such the appointment will be made on a fixed term basis (anticipated 1-year).
This role will include;
• Managing the sales ledger function for the trading business, property division, Rocking Horse Nursery and The Lodge to maximize the company’s cash flow position and minimize the risk of bad debts.
• Ensuring invoices and credit notes are raised within a timely manner, coded to the correct nominal, department and budgets.
• Operating a credit control process to include sending statements, chasing outstanding debts by telephone, email and face to face meetings and implementing CCJs where necessary.
• Attending monthly ledger reviews with the Financial Controller and provide a full update on the status of outstanding debts and recovery actions.
• Assisting with the direct debit collections for the Rocking Horse Nursery.
• Reconciliation of month end/year end financial information and providing lead schedules and backing documentation as required.
• Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts including Debtors and Deferred Income.
• Assisting with raceday duties as and when required which may include weekend working.
The successful candidate will need a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to take on other duties and proactively assist as required in a small and busy team. Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients alike will be crucial.
Previous experience in a comparable role supported by relevant qualifications (AAT or equivalent) will be essential. The ideal candidate will be highly accurate with excellent IT skills, particularly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number JID1088 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Newbury Racecourse PLC is an award-winning sporting, leisure and entertainment business, traded on NEX. Based in West Berkshire this multi-functional site plays host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of public, corporate and private events. In addition, the racecourse operates a 120+ place children’s nursery, a 36-bedroom Hotel and its own catering business. In a partnership with David Wilson Homes the racecourse is in the process of developing 1500 homes on the estate and has reinvested over £20M in upgrading its facilities to the benefit of all customer groups. With ambitious plans for further development of the business, an opportunity has now arisen for a Finance Director.
Acting as Business Partner to the Chief Executive, this is a Board level position representing an exceptional opportunity for an individual with significant commercial experience to join the senior management team and help lead the future of the racecourse.
Setting the financial strategy in line with the objectives of the Board, including continuing growth, the Finance Director will be responsible for leading the day-to-day management and operation of the finance function.
This is a full-time opportunity for a dynamic individual with integrity, a commercial strategic focus and exceptional financial astuteness. An appreciation of racing is advantageous but not a pre-requisite, and we are open to considering applications from those with transferable skills.
To explore this opportunity please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to our retained consultant Hugh Nickerson of Conundrum email@example.com quoting reference JID1080 or call 01747 861616 for further details.
Strictly no agencies please, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum
Nursery Practitioner, The Rocking Horse Nursery
Full Time Part Time
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Multiple roles exist on a permanent and flexible basis.
The Rocking Horse Nursery is based in the unique setting of Newbury Racecourse one of the country’s leading sporting venues. We have extensive experience in nurturing the early development of children, our aim being to provide children with opportunities to develop a wide range of skills, covering all aspects of their development.
We are now looking to increase the number of staff we have to look after our children and are therefore currently seeking qualified Nursery Practitioners to become part of our friendly team working in our state-of-the-art premises. We are also looking in particular for a very special person to work within our Baby Unit, the ideal candidate would have prior experience caring for children 0-18 months.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating a learning environment within our new facility for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential
• Encouraging and playing with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience
• Enabling parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by assisting the Senior Nursery Nurse to maintain correct confidential development records, daily journals and other notes
• Discussing with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and bringing to the immediate notice of the Senior Nursery Nurse any cause for concern
• Maintaining at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children
• Assisting in the maintenance of correct records, which are kept for special dietary needs
• Assisting in the supervision of meal times and feeding techniques
We will consider candidates that already hold either a level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare and have experience of working in a nursery environment. These posts are subject to Enhanced DBS (previously CRB). Individuals with a Level 6 EYT/EYP qualification will be at an advantage.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your CV and covering letter to our retained consultant Hugh Nickerson of Conundrum Consulting Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference JID1003 in the subject line.
Strictly no agencies, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum