Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic individuals with good personal skills to work at the Racecourse across all areas of the business. We offer roles on both a full-time and on a casual basis.
Casual Work Recruitment Open Days
If you have great personal skills and love variety we’d love to speak to you.
If you’re interested in part-time or casual work at a range of different events and/or racedays, email [email protected]
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We now seek to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to take up a role as Maintenance Technician. Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will have full working knowledge of safe working practices, and a proactive approach to carrying out a varied range of maintenance duties across the NRC site.
Main duties will include:
• Supporting the Maintenance Manager in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations while maintaining efficient and high performance standards.
• Giving site support to the set up and de-rig of all site conference & events and provide race day support.
• Taking a proactive attitude in identifying and resolving defects.
• Undertaking systems installation / maintenance / repair work as required.
• Carry out building fabric repairs and small works such as painting & decorating.
• Undertaking all necessary repairs and PPM tasks of a statutory and non-statutory nature relating to Electrical systems, Boilers, HVAC and General Building elements, and advising the Maintenance Manager on remedial action required.
• Working on new installations and undertaking training on new techniques and legislation as required and passing on knowledge to others.
• Completing all necessary paperwork to support tasks and provide an audit trail for legislative compliance.
• Completing risk assessment and method statement review for all contractors prior to carrying out their works.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, all relevant Health & Safety Legislation and site specific Health, Safety and welfare policies.
• Ensuring communication to the team on activity that will have any impact on the site staff or facilities.
• Maintaining contractor, O&M and service records.
The ideal candidate will have a flexible attitude in order to work independently and as part of a team, with enthusiasm for both the role and the Racecourse.
Essential requirements are:
• One of the following qualifications: Electrical City & Guilds 2365 with 17th Edition and Test & Inspection. City and Guilds in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. Plumbing, Gas Safe Commercial and Domestic.
• Proven competence in Electrical Controls systems associated with Mechanical Services and the ability to diagnose faults and put forward appropriate rectification measures will also be required.
• A valid UK driving licence.
You will be required to work during all racedays and events. In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd at [email protected], quoting reference number JID1155 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Newbury Racecourse offer a wide range of opportunities for individuals of ALL ages and we welcome applications for the following casual roles (minimum age is 16 years old), many roles offer full training and the opportunity for development and promotion: