Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic individuals with good personal skills to work at the Racecourse within racing and conferences & events as well as in The Lodge and the Rocking Horse Nursery. We offer roles on both a full-time and on a casual basis.
Casual Work Recruitment Open Days
If you have great personal skills and love variety we’d love to speak to you.
If you’re interested in part-time or casual work at a range of different events and/or racedays, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Part Time
The Lodge – Newbury Racecourse
Multiple roles exist on a full time and part time basis
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We seek two Night Porters to join our friendly team on a full- time (5 nights pw) and part-time (2 nights pw) basis. This is a position of responsibility taking care of the hotel during the night, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds customer expectations whilst maintaining agreed standards of service.
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to approximately 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other events. As part of the ambitious ongoing re-development of the site, Newbury Racecourse has opened The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
• Greeting late arrivals, answering queries, helping to resolve any issues and overall providing exceptional assistance and service to our guests during night-time hours
• Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
• Receive and process telephone and walk in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction
• Carry out other administrative and reception duties that may be required
• Participate with night cleaning schedules as directed by the General Manager
• Compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations
• Ensuring the security of the hotel during night-time hours
The successful candidate will:
• Be self-motivated and able to use their initiative
• Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
• Exercise sound judgment and be happy to work unsupervised
• Be an ambassador for The Lodge and the Newbury Racecourse
Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
This role is likely to include hours of work during weekends on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com quoting reference number JID1079 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Marketing & CRM Insight Analyst
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a thriving conference and events portfolio offering a wide range of exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
As part of our ambitious on-going development, an opportunity has arisen for a Marketing & CRM Insight Analyst to provide comprehensive statistical analysis and data driven reporting of CRM activity, actionable insights and recommendations with the objective to drive growth across the racing business.
Reporting to the Marcomms and Sponsorship Director, the role will include:
• Gathering and effective evaluation of key data sets (internal and 3rd party)
• Reporting on key KPIs with a particular focus on racing sales, including leads, conversion rates, website traffic and social media engagement
• Provision of useful understandable narrative, ideas and recommendations (including future modelling) in order to inform marketing and sales strategy and individual campaign planning.
This is a newly created role and represents an exceptional opportunity to become a key part of the team at an exciting moment in the development of the racecourse.
You will need significant relevant experience in a comparable role, ideally gained within the sports industry or a similar venue. Confidence with CRM systems will be essential, and familiarity with Optimo a particular advantage.
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 33 days holiday per year (inc. Bank Holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets for friends and family
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number JID1084 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum
Procurement Data Analyst
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Fixed term basis – 3 months
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, this includes a raceday concert from Madness, Dubai Duty Free International and Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We now seek an appropriately experienced individual to take up the role of Procurement Data Analyst on a 3-month fixed term basis. Supporting the Head of Catering in reviewing the current food and beverage procurement and supply chain to ensure Newbury Racecourse receives a quality supply service that delivers best price, thus maximising profitability to the Catering business.
The successful candidate in this role will;
- Review current F&B suppliers inter unit prices and contractual arrangements.
- Analyse current suppliers by segment to benchmark pricing of product.
- Analyse current value of spend in year of all F&B suppliers.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
- Benchmark all products in segment v new supplier with variance report produced.
- Introduce new supply chain where required to drive cost savings across range of products.
- Produce average monthly spend by product v new supplier to identify cost savings achievable in the year.
- When required, attend meetings with both existing and new suppliers with the Head of Catering.
- Work with the Finance Team to review and capture all data from category invoices for designated months.
- Liaise with key company stakeholders to determine their product and service needs, which vary in scale and expenditure.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to ensure the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Support Head of Catering with negotiations on new supplier arrangements.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent IT skills, with a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Significant depth of experience and demonstrable success in data collection, processing and analysis.
- Previous experience in a commercial environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with great time management and organisational skills.
- Previous procurement experience is desirable, but not essential .
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to our retained HR consultant Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Limited email@example.com quoting reference JID1082
Strictly no agencies please, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum.