Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic individuals with good personal skills to work at the Racecourse within racing and conferences & events as well as in The Lodge and the Rocking Horse Nursery. We offer roles on both a full-time and on a casual basis.
Casual Work Recruitment Open Days
If you have great personal skills and love variety we’d love to speak to you.
If you’re interested in part-time or casual work at a range of different events and/or racedays, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of our next casual work recruitment day.
With ambitious future plans, significant ongoing investment and a unique race programme, Newbury Racecourse is one of the UK’s leading sporting venues. The high-profile role of Sponsorship Manager represents an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual with significant experience in creating lasting commercial partnerships to become a key part of the team.
With responsibility for delivery of the annual sponsorship, site advertising and partnerships budget, the role will involve:
- Business development through identifying and securing new sponsorship and partnership opportunities, maximising sales and prospects
- Building strong and effective relationships with all existing sponsors, offering exceptional customer service and account management services on every race day and throughout the year
- Creating new partnership opportunities that can then be sold
- Close liaison with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
This is a specialised job role and as such the successful candidate will need to demonstrate exceptional past performance in commercial partnerships within a comparable sports or commercial environment and a track record of excellence in both account management and business development. A confident personal presence with a flair for inspiring strong relationships and a thorough understanding of and passion for the racing industry will be essential.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com quoting reference number JID1052 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum
Assistant Duty Manager, The Lodge
Are you an hotelier looking to take your first step into management? If so this could be the role for you. Newbury Racecourse urgently seeks an Assistant Duty Manager to support the day-to-day operation of The Lodge, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds agreed targets for customer satisfaction and revenue. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to play a central role in the growth and success of a small, contemporary new hotel.
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to approximately 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other events. As part of the ambitious ongoing re-development of the site, Newbury Racecourse has opened The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
• Greeting guests on arrival and providing exceptional service throughout their stay
• Ensuring the property and surrounding areas are prepared for the arrival of guests
• Ensuring bedrooms are inspected on a daily basis and kept up to standards (with assistance from the outsourced housekeeping team)
• Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
• Ensuring that all agreed quality standards are adhered to
• Ensuring stock within the business is managed to the agreed levels
• Taking responsibility for compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations, including arranging staff training
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent communication and customer service skills and the confidence necessary to act as an ambassador for The Lodge and the racecourse.
You will be able to use your initiative, exercise sound judgement and work unsupervised. Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, as will excellent IT skills and confidence with MS Office programs.
This is a full time role and is likely to include hours of work during evenings, weekends and overnight on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number JID1054 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum
Nursery Team Leader, The Rocking Horse Nursery
The Rocking Horse Nursery is based in the unique setting of Newbury Racecourse one of the country’s leading sporting venues. We have extensive experience in nurturing the early development of children, our aim being to provide children with opportunities to develop a wide range of skills, covering all aspects of their development.
This is an exciting time of growth for the Rocking Horse Nursery, and we are now seeking an experienced Team Leader who will be responsible for managing and maintaining the smooth running of one of our rooms in line with the practice and policies of the nursery and in compliance with the various childcare acts, provisions, confidentiality, health and safety.
Responsibilities will include:
• Supervising and guiding the staff of the section to care for the children allocated to the unit.
• In partnership with the unit staff, providing an environment and opportunity for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential, achieving a positive self-image.
• In partnership with the unit staff, encouraging and playing with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience.
• Enabling parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by ensuring that correct confidential records, daily journals and other notes are maintained.
• Discussing with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and to bring to the notice of the parents any cause for concern, after discussion with the manager.
• Within the area provided and with equipment available, maintaining at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children with special consideration for the milk kitchen and food preparation area. Assisting at meal times and bottle-feeding as necessary.
• Carrying out any other duties that may from time to time be specified by the manager, as deemed necessary for the correct conduct of the nursery, in compliance with government rules and regulations in force together with the guidance of appropriate social services directives.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience within a nursery environment and hold a minimum level 3 NVQ in Childcare. Please note this post is subject to Enhanced DBS check (previously CRB).
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to our retained consultant Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Limited to email@example.com, quoting reference JID1047 in the subject line.
Strictly no agencies, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum