Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting non-racing events including: concerts, weddings, conferences, on-site hotel and our award-winning Rocking Horse Nursery.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Security Officer to join our friendly team. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our small security team, providing a 24/7 security service across the estate maintaining the safety and security of our staff, visitors, and premises. The role involves carrying out a variety of patrol duties, control room operations (which includes monitoring and operating CCTV) and responding to reported incidents.
The position will involve shift work, both day and night, on a rota basis.
The ideal applicant will:
• Hold SIA (Security Industry Authority) CCTV and Front Line qualifications and a full driving license
• Have relevant experience in a comparable role
• Be of a positive nature
• Be able to perform well under pressure
• Have basic computer literacy
The successful applicant will have an appreciation for the high standards expected by Newbury Racecourse and our customers. There will be elements of working unsupervised, so you must be reliable, able to use your initiative and exercise sound judgment.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. [email protected]
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum