Operations Event Assistant
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We’re looking for a recent graduate or early career professional to take up the role of Operations Event Assistant. The successful candidate will support the Operations Department in the planning, co-ordination and delivery of all racedays and other events. In partnership with this, the successful candidate will assist in delivering a first-class venue and customer experience, underpinned by robust business systems and infrastructure. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills, gain valuable hands-on experience, and start to grow your career within an ambitious company.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• The role requires strong administration skills, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and preferably Teams)
• Sound academic Events Management record or equivalent work experience within the events industry
• An understanding of Health and Safety management
• Outstanding organisational, customer service and communication skills, with a natural ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• The importance of working collaboratively as part of a team, alongside being self-motivated and able to exercise sound judgement and the confidence to work unsupervised.
• An interest in (or prior experience within) the sports, hospitality or leisure industries would be an advantage
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits scheme including:
• Opportunities for training and career growth
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + days in lieu for weekend racedays worked (c 12 per year)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse for you +1, plus discounted tickets
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced-rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Excellent modern office facilities
• Free parking
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including current remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.