The Lodge – Newbury Racecourse
Competitive pay + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue, with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other exciting events. In early 2022 Newbury Racecourse is planning on re-opening The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
Newbury Racecourse seeks 2 Housekeepers to join our friendly team on a part-time basis to take care of the building’s general cleanliness, providing tidy and sanitary amenities for our guests.
The responsibilities of this role will include:
• Performing cleaning duties in all guest areas and back of house
• Consistently putting the guest first and at all times offering a professional, friendly, and engaging service
• Responding timely to guests’ special requests for miscellaneous items such as cribs, cots, extra towels, etc.
• Maintaining inventory of necessary supplies
• Reporting necessary maintenance items
• Compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations
The successful candidate will:
• Understand the importance of attention to detail
• Be self-motivated and able to use their initiative
• Possess excellent communication skills and work well within a team
• Exercise sound judgement and be happy to work unsupervised
• Be an ambassador for The Lodge and Newbury Racecourse
Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided. This role will be likely to involve hours of work during evenings, weekends and overnight on a rota basis.
In return we can offer competitive pay and an attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + time off in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. [email protected]
Quoting reference number JID1243 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum