Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic individuals with good personal skills to work at the Racecourse within racing and conferences & events as well as in The Lodge and the Rocking Horse Nursery. We offer roles on both a full-time and on a casual basis.
Casual Work Recruitment Open Days
If you have great personal skills and love variety we’d love to speak to you.
If you’re interested in part-time or casual work at a range of different events and/or racedays, watch this space for details of our next casual work recruitment day.
Assistant Duty Manager at The Lodge
Newbury Racecourse urgently seeks an Assistant Duty Manager to support the day-to-day operation of The Lodge, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds agreed targets for customer satisfaction and revenue. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to play a central role in the growth and success of a small, contemporary new hotel.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Greeting guests on arrival and providing exceptional service throughout their stay
- Ensuring the property and surrounding areas are prepared for the arrival of guests
- Ensuring bedrooms are inspected on a daily basis and kept up to standards (with assistance from the outsourced housekeeping team)
- Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
- Ensuring that all agreed quality standards are adhered to
- Ensuring stock within the business is managed to the agreed levels
- Taking responsibility for compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations, including arranging staff training
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent communication and customer service skills and the confidence necessary to act as an ambassador for The Lodge and the racecourse.
You will be able to use your initiative, exercise sound judgment and work unsupervised. Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, as will excellent IT skills and confidence with MS Office programs.
This is a full time role and is likely to include hours of work during evenings, weekends and overnight on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com quoting reference number CND-P506 in the email subject line
Nursery Nurse – Casual Flexible Hours Available
The Rocking Horse Nursery is experiencing a dramatic increase in demand for places having moved into fantastic new state-of-the-art facilities at the end of last year, and is currently seeking Nursery Nurses at all levels to become part of our friendly team of casual workers, who we may call upon from time to time to offer hours of work on a flexible casual basis.
You may hold either a level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare and have experience of working in a nursery environment. We will also consider applications from individuals who are keen to work towards these qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating a learning environment within our new facility for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential.
- Encourage and play with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience
- Enable parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by assisting the Senior Nursery Nurse to maintain correct confidential development records, daily journals and other notes
- Maintain at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children. Assist in the maintenance of correct records, which are kept for special dietary needs. Assist in the supervision of meal times and feeding techniques.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be specified by the Senior Staff and be deemed necessary for the correct conduct of the nursery in compliance with government rules and regulations in force together with the guidance of appropriate social services directives