Olly Murs Important Information
It’s been a long wait, but Olly Murs will finally be back at Newbury Racecourse this Saturday! Information on the timings of the day are below, along with a map of the site and all the important info about arriving on the day.
Entry to the Racecourse
- We recommend all racegoers take a Lateral Flow Test before travelling, but this is not mandatory and you do not need to provide proof of this. Please do not attend if you are showing, or have shown within 24 hours, any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
- All parking is free across the site. Premier ticket holders should park in Car Park 1/4/5, whilst Grandstand ticket holders should park in Car Park 4/5 only.
- Face masks are not mandatory, but we do advise wearing them inside buildings, and on entry to the racecourse.
- We take a zero tolerance policy on anti-social behaviour, and on the use of drugs. To ensure a smooth arrival, please be aware that drug detection dogs and bag searches will be in operation on all entrances.
- We encourage racegoers to dress smartly. Fashion trainers are permitted, as are tailored shorts.
- Fancy dress is only allowed in the Grandstand Enclosure.
- Olly Murs will perform after racing has concluded, at approx 6pm (subject to change). This will last approx 90 minutes.
- This will be a standing concert, and the Party in the Paddock stage will be located in the Grandstand Enclosure.
- For those that have purchase close proximity tickets, you will be able to collect your wristband from 4pm onwards, at the designated exchange point, as demonstrated on the map below.
- An accessible viewing platform will be available for those that have purchased disabled tickets, but this will be on a first come, first serve basis and will be for one person and one carer only. We cannot guarantee you a position.
- A designated Family Zone will be available for families wishing to enjoy the concert in a more peaceful environment. You will only be able to access this area if you are with a child under 18 and this will be alcohol-free, with soft drinks available to purchase.
Other Important Information
- Whilst no social distancing will be enforced, we ask all racegoers to be respectful of each other throughout the day.
- For those feeling overwhelmed, or looking for some peace and quiet, our Go Racing Green Quiet Zone will be in place throughout the day, as demonstrated on the map below. There will be no alcohol permitted in this area.
- Please note, we are now cashless across the site for all food and drink purchases, as well as racecards, so please bring your payment card (or smart-phone payment system). On-course bookmakers will still accept cash, with a limited number of cash machines around the site.
- Regularly wash your hands, use hand sanitiser and avoid touching your face and dispose of any used tissues appropriately.
- Follow all signage and the instructions of staff, officials or any emergency service personnel present at the racecourse.