Ticketing Sales Executive
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings, conferences and exhibitions. Over 2021, we are hosting a number of events, including: raceday concerts from Olly Murs and Rick Astley this summer and the popular two-day Ladbrokes Winter Carnival at the end of November.
We are seeking an experienced Ticketing Sales Executive to join our friendly Sales Team. The successful candidate will manage the ticketing and guest reception for all our events (conference & events and racedays), making sure we offer first class customer service whilst helping to maximise sales revenue and profitability of facilities, products and services.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Oversee all Raceday ticketing activity to ensure we are delivering exceptional customer experience at all times
• Contribute towards the effective issuing of ticketing and produce weekly reports as requested
• Effectively manage our guest reception areas and teams, with a ‘lead by example’ approach
• Take ownership of our customer journey and all customer feedback, working at all times for continuous improvement and first-class service. This will include reporting, identifying trends, attending meetings and working with the Racing Sales Manager and others at the racecourse to improve results
• Support with the coordination and forecast of conference and events or other relevant areas
• Prepare ticketing briefing information for the Operations Team on each Raceday
• Co-ordinate the Gate & Reception areas on Racedays, including managing casual staff
• Manage the centre course on Racedays
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience in a comparable role at a comparable venue
• Exceptional communication skills with a passion for excellent customer service
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• A positive, proactive attitude
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced-rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. at [email protected] quoting reference number JID1218 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.