Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2018 we will deliver over 200 event days, this includes raceday concerts from Craig David and Rudimental, Dubai Duty Free International and Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
As part of our ambitious on-going development Newbury Racecourse are now seeking a Staffing Coordinator to join our dedicated Catering team. The successful candidate will support with the coordination, recruitment, retention and training of all casual staff for racedays, C&E events and setups.
Reporting to the Catering Operations and Staffing Manager, main duties will be;
• Booking and coordinating all casual workers to ensure that all racing and non-racing events are appropriately staffed to achieve service standards, whilst adhering to budgets.
• Liaising with the Catering Operations & Staffing Manager and C&E Event Manager, to compile weekly rotas for C&E and setup business, ensuring all labour costs from the catering team are captured.
• Producing weekly variance reports to track labour forecasts, budgets and actuals.
• Assisting in driving recruitment campaigns via social medal, job boards and other external methods.
• Coordination and support of recruitment & induction sessions, ensuring all new starters are fully inducted prior to starting work.
• Compiling a monthly excel payroll report for accounts to process via Sage.
• Overseeing all casual staff on Racedays, such as managing the Check In & Check Out processes to ensure all areas are adequately resourced.
• Focussing on the casual workforce to develop a positive and communicative team culture within the workplace whereby staff understand team objectives.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a friendly manner
• Highly organised with great IT skills, familiarity with Word, Outlook and Excel
• A flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to take on other duties and proactively assist as required
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including;
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets for friends and family
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including current remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd at email@example.com
Quoting reference number JID-1037 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.