Newbury Racecourse is a sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings, conferences and exhibitions. Over 2021, we are hosting a number of events, including: raceday concerts from Olly Murs and Rick Astley this summer and the popular two-day Ladbrokes Winter Carnival at the end of November.
We have an exciting opportunity for an appropriately experienced individual to take up the role of Security Manager. You will be an integral part of our small security team, managing and providing a security service across the estate maintaining the safety and security of our staff, visitors and premises.
The role involves:
• Managing a small team including allocating rotas.
• Ensuring that all checks and documentation is being carried out.
• Attending team meetings and briefings.
• Carrying out a variety of patrol duties.
• Carrying out maintenance checks and inspections.
• Contractor management.
• Control room operations (which includes monitoring and operating CCTV).
• Responding to reported incidents.
• Assisting the Head of Operations with adhoc duties as required e.g., onsite Health & Safety and event management of some of our smaller events.
The position will involve shift work, both day and night, on a rota basis.
The ideal applicant will:
• Hold relevant SIA (Security Industry Authority) qualifications and a full driving licence.
• Have relevant experience in a comparable role.
• Be of a positive nature.
• Be able to perform well under pressure.
• Have basic computer literacy.
• Demonstrate leadership qualities.
The successful applicant will have an appreciation for the high standards expected by Newbury Racecourse and our customers. There will be elements of working unsupervised, so you must be reliable, able to use your initiative and exercise sound judgment. This position may suit ex-military personnel (or similar background).
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including;
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets.
• Discounted Health Club membership.
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site.
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%.
• Private healthcare scheme.
• Life assurance scheme.
• Free parking.
• Opportunities for training and career growth.
This post will be subject to a DBS check.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson
at Conundrum Consulting Ltd on [email protected] quoting reference number JID1219 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.