Racing Sales Manager
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, these include raceday concerts from Sir Tom Jones and Madness, the Al Shaqab Lockinge and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We are now seeking an experienced Racing Sales Manager to maximise racing sales through personal sales activity and outstanding leadership of the racing sales team and to deliver an exceptional customer journey for all our racing guests.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Work with the Director of Marcomms and Sponsorship to develop sales opportunities, sales initiatives & targeted campaigns to deliver sales growth
• Manage and develop the internal racing sales team through effective delegation, coaching and mentoring
• Achieve monthly revenue targets and individual sales KPI’s
• Create, manage and develop relationships with key individuals, corporates and booking agents to maximise the delivery of profitable business
• Conduct competitor and lost business analysis and make recommendations to Director of Marcomms and Sponsorship to address any specific trends
• Chair the Weekly and Monthly Racing Sales Team Meetings to ensure proactive sales activity is taking place as planned
• Manage the sales database – ensuring it contains accurate records to allow for marketing and account management activity
• Agree and implement the annual pricing and discount strategies with the Director of Marcomms and Sponsorship
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant sales experience with a track record of delivering outstanding sales growth
• Comprehensive understanding of all aspects of selling and sales management
• The ability to lead and inspire a team to over achieve sales targets
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills combined with a flair for customer interaction
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
• Comprehensive understanding of budgets, forecasting and associated deliverables
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits scheme including;
• Attractive bonus incentive scheme
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + time off in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply, please e-mail your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number JID1099 in the e-mail subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.