Procurement Data Analyst
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Fixed term basis – 3 months
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, this includes a raceday concert from Madness, Dubai Duty Free International and Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We now seek an appropriately experienced individual to take up the role of Procurement Data Analyst on a 3-month fixed term basis. Supporting the Head of Catering in reviewing the current food and beverage procurement and supply chain to ensure Newbury Racecourse receives a quality supply service that delivers best price, thus maximising profitability to the Catering business.
The successful candidate in this role will;
- Review current F&B suppliers inter unit prices and contractual arrangements.
- Analyse current suppliers by segment to benchmark pricing of product.
- Analyse current value of spend in year of all F&B suppliers.
- Identify and research potential new suppliers.
- Benchmark all products in segment v new supplier with variance report produced.
- Introduce new supply chain where required to drive cost savings across range of products.
- Produce average monthly spend by product v new supplier to identify cost savings achievable in the year.
- When required, attend meetings with both existing and new suppliers with the Head of Catering.
- Work with the Finance Team to review and capture all data from category invoices for designated months.
- Liaise with key company stakeholders to determine their product and service needs, which vary in scale and expenditure.
- Monitor business trends and product availability to ensure the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Support Head of Catering with negotiations on new supplier arrangements.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent IT skills, with a comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Significant depth of experience and demonstrable success in data collection, processing and analysis.
- Previous experience in a commercial environment.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with great time management and organisational skills.
- Previous procurement experience is desirable, but not essential .
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to our retained HR consultant Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Limited email@example.com quoting reference JID1082
Strictly no agencies please, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum.