Competitive Salary + Benefits
Part-time – 3 days per week plus Racedays
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, this includes a raceday concert from Madness, Dubai Duty Free International and Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
As part of our ambitious on-going development we are seeking a pro-active Sales Executive to join our friendly team. The successful candidate will be based on the main reception desk delivering excellent customer service, but will also play a key role in the Racing Sales team through promoting ticket sales and proactively cross selling our restaurants, hospitality boxes and membership.
The successful candidate in this role will;
- Deal with all customer enquires at the main reception desk in an efficient manner projecting a positive and professional image to racecourse visitors
- Proactively represent Newbury Racecourse to potential and existing clients
- Ensure all visitors are offered an exceptional experience on arrival
- Respond to general telephone and email enquiries related to our FAQ’s
- Manage the postage of all items for the Racing Sales team along with all departments of the Company
- On racedays, support our Hospitality Executives in delivering excellent customer experience
- Assist the Racing Sales team with administrative tasks
- Assist the Racing Sales team in efficiently co-ordinating all raceday hospitality, restaurant and annual box bookings
- Promote ticket sales pro-actively
- Identify and develop sales opportunities, maximising revenue by upselling where possible
- Build and enhance long term client relationships
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication skills and a flair for customer interaction
- Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
- Excellent IT and administrative skills
- A positive, proactive attitude
This is an exceptional opportunity for a motivated individual who is looking to take their first step towards a career in sales and would relish the chance to play a key role in this award-winning venue.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to our retained HR consultant Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Limited email@example.com quoting reference JID1081
Strictly no agencies please, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum.