Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We now seek an appropriately experienced individual to take up the role of Operations Manager, to support the Head of Operations in the planning, co-ordination and implementation of all racedays and other events, ensuring excellent and consistent standards of customer safety and care. In partnership with this, the successful candidate will assist in delivering a first-class venue and customer experience, underpinned by robust and compliant business systems and infrastructure, with a focus on delivering exceptional, but cost effective, customer service.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Take ownership of Event Day Operations, including;
o Strategic event coordination to ensure the delivery of a safe and top class event
o Traffic Management
o Contractor Management
o Raceday staff management
o Lead on customer service strategy
o Site layout and room set up
o Health and Safety – acting as Safety Officer when required with overall responsibility for raceday crowd safety, response services and compliance
• Assist in the proactive and reactive maintenance of all built structures on site to ensure the highest standards in overall presentation
• Support the Head of Operations in ensuring Health and Safety Management is central to all activities at the racecourse
• Support and assist with any relevant major operational projects
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Sound academic record, educated to degree level (or equivalent)
• Significant depth of experience and demonstrable success in event planning and delivery
• Previous experience in facility management
• Detailed understanding of Health and Safety management supported by appropriate qualifications
• Outstanding customer service and communication skills, natural ability to engage with and manage key stakeholders (both internal and external)
• Excellent project management with advance planning, and effective management of departmental budget
• Excellent IT and organisational skills
• Dynamism and presence, ability to act as an ambassador for the course
• An interest in (or prior experience within) the sports, hospitality or leisure industries would be an advantage
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including current remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at [email protected] quoting reference number JID1230 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.