Nursery Practitioner, The Rocking Horse Nursery
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Multiple roles exist on a permanent and flexible basis.
The Rocking Horse Nursery is based in the unique setting of Newbury Racecourse one of the country’s leading sporting venues. We have extensive experience in nurturing the early development of children, our aim being to provide children with opportunities to develop a wide range of skills, covering all aspects of their development.
We are now looking to increase the number of staff we have to look after our children and are therefore currently seeking qualified Nursery Practitioners to become part of our friendly team working in our state-of-the-art premises. We are also looking in particular for a very special person to work within our Baby Unit, the ideal candidate would have prior experience caring for children 0-18 months.
Responsibilities will include:
• Creating a learning environment within our new facility for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential
• Encouraging and playing with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience
• Enabling parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by assisting the Senior Nursery Nurse to maintain correct confidential development records, daily journals and other notes
• Discussing with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and bringing to the immediate notice of the Senior Nursery Nurse any cause for concern
• Maintaining at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children
• Assisting in the maintenance of correct records, which are kept for special dietary needs
• Assisting in the supervision of meal times and feeding techniques
We will consider candidates that already hold either a level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare and have experience of working in a nursery environment. These posts are subject to Enhanced DBS (previously CRB). Individuals with a Level 6 EYT/EYP qualification will be at an advantage.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your CV and covering letter to our retained consultant Hugh Nickerson of Conundrum Consulting Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference JID1003 in the subject line.
Strictly no agencies, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum