Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias)
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We now seek to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to take up a role as Maintenance Technician. Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will have full working knowledge of safe working practices, and a proactive approach to carrying out a varied range of maintenance duties across the NRC site.
Main duties will include:
- Supporting the Maintenance Manager in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations while maintaining efficient and high performance standards.
- Giving site support to the set up and de-rig of all site events and provide race day support.
- Taking a proactive attitude in identifying and resolving defects.
- Undertaking systems installation / maintenance / repair work as required.
- Carry out electrical test & inspection of both new and existing installations including periodic inspection on both single and 3 phase supplies.
- Carry out building fabric repairs and small works such as painting & decorating.
- Undertaking all necessary repairs and PPM tasks of a statutory and non-statutory nature relating to Electrical systems, Boilers, HVAC and General Building elements, and advising the Maintenance Manager on remedial action required.
- Working on new installations and undertaking training on new techniques and legislation as required and passing on knowledge to others.
- Completing all necessary paperwork to support tasks and provide an audit trail for legislative compliance.
- Completing risk assessment and method statement review for all contractors prior to carrying out their works.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, all relevant Health & Safety Legislation and site specific Health, Safety and welfare policies.
- Ensuring communication to the team on activity that will have any impact on the site staff or facilities.
- Maintaining contractor, O&M and service records.
The ideal candidate will have a flexible attitude in order to work independently and as part of a team, with enthusiasm for both the role and the Racecourse. Essential requirements are:
- City & Guilds NVQ in electrical installation & 18th
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing or equivalent.
- Proven competence in Electrical Controls systems associated with Mechanical Services and the ability to diagnose faults and put forward appropriate rectification measures will also be required.
- A valid UK driving licence.
You will be required to work during all racedays and events and be part of an on-call Rota. In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
- Discounted Health Club membership
- Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Free parking
- Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter, including remuneration details, to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd on email@example.com quoting JID1155 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.