Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions.
We are looking to expand our team and have a new opportunity for a qualified Plumber. Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, you will work as part of a small, friendly maintenance team and will assist in carrying out a varied range of maintenance duties across our business.
Main duties will include:
• Supporting the Maintenance Manager in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations.
• Giving site support to the set-up and de-rig of all site conference & events and provide race day support.
• Taking a proactive attitude in identifying and resolving defects.
• Undertaking systems installation / maintenance / repair work as required.
• Carrying out repairs, small works and PPM tasks.
• Working on new installations and undertaking training on new techniques and legislation as required and passing on knowledge to others.
• Completing all necessary paperwork and risk assessments.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and all relevant Health & Safety policies.
You’ll need a flexible attitude and to be comfortable working independently and as part of a team. We are looking for a candidate who has at least completed their qualification in City and Guilds Level 2 in Plumbing
We offer a competitive salary and great range of benefits including:
• 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Great opportunities and support for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
Quoting reference number JID1265 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.