IT Systems Technician
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days; these include raceday concerts from Sir Tom Jones and Madness, the Al Shaqab Lockinge and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
An opportunity has now arisen for an IT Systems Technician to join our team. Reporting into the IT Business Operations Manager, you will help ensure the provision of a highly efficient and reliable IT network service for all staff and visitors to Newbury Racecourse.
This is a varied role and duties will include:
• The creation, maintenance and upkeep of broadcasting SSIDs.
• The configuration of network clients, including the allocation of the necessary software.
• Installing and testing peripherals.
• Maintaining user accounts and permissions.
• Installing and maintaining standard network cabling.
• Monitoring and reporting the network health status; then resolving issues if required.
• Following extended maintenance procedures according to a defined schedule.
• Recording, retrieving and maintaining information in the asset management database.
• Performing diagnostics and recovery routines on infrastructure and end user equipment.
• Supporting the implementation of any new solutions or technologies.
• Assisting with the management of the IT Service Helpdesk.
• Performing PC hardware repairs and upgrades.
• Diagnosing and resolving PC, printer, peripheral and software faults.
• Providing Audio/Visual support to staff and clients.
• Adhering to the ICT Acceptable Use Policy and giving guidance to others.
• Performing IT support on Newbury Race Event Days and for Conference and Hospitality events
• Establishing constructive relationships and communicating with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the Business Systems Manager, to deliver the aims of the Racecourse business.
• Documenting and distributing support material for staff and customers, including help sheets.
• Training new and current users on software and equipment.
You will need to be ambitious and proactive, with enthusiasm for both the role and the racecourse, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure. IT qualifications or prior experience in an IT environment would be an advantage, though not essential as hands-on training will be provided. This excellent opportunity offers the chance to gain ‘real-world’ IT skills and experience within an exciting industry, and therefore may suit you if you have recently graduated or qualified from a related course and are now looking to begin or progress a new career within IT support.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + time off in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number JID1107 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum