Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings, conferences and exhibitions. To name a few of the events, we are already looking forward to a few key events for 2021 including: raceday concerts from Olly Murs and Rick Astley this summer and the popular two-day Ladbrokes Winter Carnival at the end of November.
An opportunity has now arisen for an ICT Technician to join our team. Reporting into the Head of IT, you will help ensure the provision of a highly efficient and reliable IT network service for all staff and visitors to Newbury Racecourse, including the Rocking Horse Nursery and The Lodge hotel.
This is a varied role and duties will include:
• Supporting the transition and implementation of new technology solutions where and when required on the racecourse site.
• Maintenance of wireless network.
• Installing and maintaining standard network cabling.
• Performing diagnostics and recovery routines on infrastructure and end user equipment.
• Installation of software and creation of software packages.
• Configuration of network clients, including allocation of required software.
• Monitoring and reporting of network health status with any remedial actions if applicable.
• Maintaining user accounts and permissions.
• Following extended maintenance procedures according to a defined schedule.
• Training new and current users in using new software or equipment.
• Recording, retrieving and maintaining information in asset management database.
• Installing and testing peripherals.
• Assisting management of the IT Service Helpdesk.
• Performing PC hardware repairs and upgrades.
• Diagnosing and resolving PC, printer, peripheral and software faults.
• Being fully aware of the IT Health & Safety responsibilities and how to monitor its upkeep.
• Providing Audio/Visual expertise and support fully across the site.
• Working to and giving guidance to others on the ICT Acceptable Use Policy.
• Document and distribute support material for staff and customers, including help sheets.
You will need to be ambitious and proactive, with enthusiasm for both the role and the racecourse, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure. IT qualifications or prior experience in an IT environment would be a distinct advantage. This excellent opportunity offers the chance to gain ‘real-world’ IT skills and experience within an exciting industry, and therefore may suit you if you have recently graduated or qualified from a related course and are now looking to begin or progress a new career within IT support.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + time off in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
[email protected] quoting reference number JID1215 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.