Hotel Manager, The Lodge
Newbury Racecourse is one of the UK’s leading sporting venues, with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other events. As part of the ambitious ongoing re-development of the site, Newbury Racecourse has opened The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
Newbury Racecourse seeks an experienced Hotel Manager to take the lead role in the operation and revenue management of The Lodge, to help the business achieve or exceed agreed financial targets by proactively pursuing revenue maximisation and customer satisfaction; and to ensure profitability, reservation and occupancy levels, quality standards and guest satisfaction. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to play a central role in the growth and success of a small, contemporary new hotel.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
• Effectively managing a team of both permanent and casual workers in line with business objectives and budgets, including recruitment, managing the rota system and carrying out daily briefings/handovers as required.
• Responsibility for the accuracy of all commercial forecasting, reporting, analysis and evaluation of hotel performance. Carefully maintaining accurate records of progress against revenue targets/annual budgets, able to report at request to senior management and/or the finance team.
• Overseeing performance and efficiency of every revenue line and ensuring that hotel sales strategies are being executed.
• Planning and creating The Lodge’s objectives and targets including the annual revenue budget.
• Identifying areas of opportunity within pricing and inventory management that subsequently add value to the hotel’s total revenue performance.
• Utilising relevant revenue systems to analyse an ever-changing market and business, ensuring yield and other department revenue/ sales are maximised at all times.
• Implementing a thorough day by day, by market segment, rooms forecasting process to support strategic direction and reporting
• Responsibility for reconciling the daily revenue audit including bankings and KPI analysis.
• Responsibility for compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations, including arranging staff training.
• Motivating the team in providing exceptional customer service, including taking appropriate action in relation to guest feedback (both positive and negative).
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant relevant experience in a comparable environment
• Precise analytical and excellent reporting and presentation skills
• Intermediate or advanced MS Excel knowledge and highly IT literate in all other MS Office applications
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position, The Lodge and the Racecourse
This is a full-time role and is likely to include hours of work during evenings, weekends and overnight on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com quoting reference number JID1059 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum