Night Porter – The Lodge Hotel
The Lodge now seeks a Night Porter to join their friendly team on a part-time basis. This is a position of responsibility taking care of the hotel during the night, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds customer expectations whilst maintaining agreed standards of service.
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to approximately 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other events. As part of the ambitious ongoing re-development of the site, Newbury Racecourse has opened The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Greeting late arrivals, answering queries, helping to resolve any issues and overall providing exceptional assistance and service to our guests during night-time hours
- Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
- Receive and process telephone and walk in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction
- Carry out other administrative and reception duties that may be required
- Participate with night cleaning schedules as directed by the General Manager
- Compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations
- Ensuring the security of the hotel during night-time hours
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and able to use their initiative
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exercise sound judgment and be happy to work unsupervised
- Be an ambassador for The Lodge and the Newbury Racecourse
Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
This is a part-time role, 2 nights per week (16 hours in total) and is likely to include hours of work during weekends on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com please quote reference number JID1079 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.