Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. To name a few of the events we already have planned for 2021: raceday concerts from Olly Murs and Rick Astley, Weatherbys Super Sprint Day and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We are seeking an experienced Groundsperson to report to the Head Groundsperson, assisting them in all aspects of maintenance, preparation and repair of the racetrack and surrounding estate. You will become an integral part of the groundstaff team, taking part in vital projects which will contribute to the future development of the racecourse estate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant grounds-related qualifications
• Experience of sports ground management or equivalent
• A full valid driving licence
• Mechanical skills
• Horticultural skills
• Basic computer literacy
The successful applicant will have an appreciation for the high standards expected by Newbury Racecourse and our customers. There will be elements of working unsupervised, so you must be reliable, enthusiastic, able to use your initiative and to exercise sound judgment.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced-rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. [email protected] Quoting reference number JID1199 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Newbury Racecourse PLC is an equal opportunities employer.