Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will have delivered over 200 event days; including raceday concerts from Sir Tom Jones and Madness, the Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing professional who is ambitious, dynamic and keen to progress & grow. Working closely with the Director of Marcomms and Sponsorship, you will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on all raceday marketing activity in order to grow attendance and revenue.
The successful candidate in this role will:
• Have extensive and demonstrable experience as a marketing professional, specifically in deploying marketing spend and activity (online and offline) to meet commercial targets including customer acquisition and retention
• Be confident with the management processes of planning, communication, implementation, analysis and reporting
• Have experience of leading, motivating and developing direct reports
• Have a good working knowledge of key routes to market: specifically, offline routes including advertising and direct mail and digital marketing routes including email, web, social media, PPC, display and affiliates
• Have experience of successfully managing agency relationships
• Be familiar with effective budget management
• Pride themselves on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
• Have strong IT and administration skills and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
• Be an organised team player who is self-motivated, shows initiative and flexibility and thrives in a fast-paced environment
Marketing experience in a venue, racing / sporting or leisure environment would be advantageous but not essential, and we are open to considering applications from those with transferable business skills.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + days in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. on email@example.com quoting reference number JID1117 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum