Diary and Events Manager
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. To name a few of the events we already have planned for 2021: raceday concerts from Olly Murs and Rick Astley, Weatherbys Super Sprint Day and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We are now seeking a pro-active and experienced Diary and Events Manager to join our Sales Team to maximise sales revenue and profitability of both our conference and events facilities and on racedays. The main focus of this role will be on maximising the conversion of enquiries, following up on leads and generating detailed forecasting. Ensuring the smooth and effective coordination of the event from enquiry through to handover to our Operations Team so they can successfully deliver a first-class event every time.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Proactively represent Newbury Racecourse to existing and potential clients
• Maximise on conversion of enquiries, follow up on leads and generate detailed forecasting
• Work with all key operational partners in the delivery of events, coordinating all of the customer requirements to ensure successful event delivery
• Manage the venue booking diary, maximising the commercial use of the venue
• Research and implement improvements to the operation of the diary to increase efficiency and capitalise on bookings
• Oversee the production of reports relating to applications for bookings
• Chair weekly diary meetings, oversee production of monthly function sheets; allocating staff resources and briefing internal departments about future requirements
• Be responsible for the management of all event paperwork, ensuring that all contracts, payments and risk assessments are completed
• Assist with meeting clients to showcase the venue and ensure that the space is presentable, and all teams are aware
• Provide event day support where required ensuring that the events are compliant, well presented and meet the customer’s expectations.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Significant experience in a comparable environment
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal, with a flair for customer interaction
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• A positive, proactive attitude
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including;
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + days in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
We are open to considering applications from individuals looking for permanent, fixed term or temp to perm opportunities.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd on email@example.com quoting reference number JID1188 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.