Deputy Head Grounds Person
Competitive salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, these include raceday concerts from Sir Tom Jones and Madness, the Al Shaqab Lockinge and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We are seeking a Deputy Head Groundsperson to report to the Head Groundsperson, assisting them in all aspects of maintenance, preparation and repair of the racetrack and surrounding areas in order to ensure Newbury Racecourse’s continued leading position within British racing. You will play an integral role in leading the groundstaff team, taking part in vital projects in the future development of the racecourse estate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant turf care qualifications
• Experience of sports ground management or equivalent
• Experience with all types of machinery
• A valid full driving licence
• Mechanical skills
• Horticultural Skills
• Computer literacy
• Good eye for detail and organisational skills
• Experience of managing a team
The successful applicant will have an appreciation for the high standards expected by Newbury Racecourse and our customers. There will be elements of working unsupervised, so you must be reliable, enthusiastic, able to use your initiative and to exercise sound judgment.
In return we can offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
• 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Free parking
• Opportunities for training and career growth
• Possibility of onsite accommodation
To apply, please e-mail your CV and covering letter, including remuneration details, to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd on email@example.com, quoting reference JID1101 in the e-mail subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.