IT Business Operations Manager
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse PLC is an award-winning sporting, leisure and entertainment business. Based in West Berkshire this multi-functional site plays host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of public, corporate and private events. In addition, the racecourse operates a 120+ place children’s nursery, a 36-bedroom Hotel and its own catering business.
We are now seeking an experienced IT Business Operations Manager to lead on and develop the strategy and implementation of the racecourse ICT/IS strategy, ensuring it supports the current and future needs of the business and its customers.
This role will include;
• Providing knowledge, advice and guidance to senior managers, staff and customers as and when required, on all Business ICT/IS matters; recommending, defining and implementing policy across the organisation.
• Anticipating and leading the business on technological innovations that would provide greater business systems whilst maximising opportunity.
• Day to day management of our IT Team and outsourced IT support.
• Ensuring that the technology functions comply appropriately with all relevant ICT/IS and quality assurance standards, and all relevant aspects of health and safety, confidentiality and data protection standards and legislation.
• Contributing to the development of the annual IT Business Systems capital and revenue budgets.
• Leading in the identification and evaluation of third-party providers of support services for Company systems operations, managing the procurement process for the selection of preferred contractors for the various business system functions.
• Working with other managers within the organisation and external contractors; establish and implement network security throughout Business System activities.
• Overseeing troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving and disaster recovery and provide expert support when necessary.
• Providing hardware/software support on an event day for all Company business systems in operation.
The successful candidate will have IT qualifications and a proven track record in a similar role. Previous experience working with CRM Systems would be an advantage. Strong inter-personal skills are essential as the role has a high degree of internal and external communication including regular involvement in management meetings.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to our retained HR consultant Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Limited firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JID1089.
Strictly no agencies please, all enquiries will be forwarded to Conundrum