Business Development Manager – Racing
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will have delivered over 200 event days; including raceday concerts from Sir Tom Jones and Madness, the Al Shaqab Lockinge Stakes and the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
As part of our ambitious on-going development plan we are now seeking a pro-active Business Development Manager to join the team to maximise sales revenue and profitability of our racing facilities; boxes, restaurants, membership and ticketing.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Proactively represent Newbury Racecourse racing business to existing and potential clients
• Work with the Racing Sales Manager to develop sales opportunities, sales initiatives & targeted campaigns to deliver sales growth
• Create, manage and develop relationships with key individuals, corporates and booking agents to maximise the delivery of profitable business
• Work alongside the Racing Sales Manager to manage key accounts for Racing Hospitality Customers to achieve year on year retention & growth
• Proactively cross sell across Sponsorship, Conference & Events and The Lodge
• Prepare detailed and accurate proposals and contract documents
• Produce a proactive monthly sales report; confirming the completion of account management and new business activity against agreed targets
• Attend client appointments, exhibitions and events
• Host and entertain potential partners at Newbury Racecourse
• Assist in building and enhancing long term client relationships, increasing client retention and referrals and building new business
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills combined with a flair for customer interaction
• Significant proactive sales experience
• Comprehensive understanding of budgets, forecasting and associated deliverables
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• A positive, proactive attitude
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including;
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + days in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Excellent opportunities for training and career growth.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
email@example.com quoting reference number JID1119 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.