Business Development Manager
As part of their ambitious on-going development plan Newbury Racecourse are now seeking a pro-active Business Development Manager to join the team to maximise sales revenue and profitability of Newbury Racecourse Conference and Events Facilities.
The successful candidate in this role will;
• Proactively represent Newbury Racecourse Conference & Events business to existing and potential clients
• Work with the Head of C&E and Hotel Sales to develop sales opportunities, sales initiatives & targeted campaigns to deliver sales growth
• Create, manage and develop relationships with key individuals and organisations aimed at delivering profitable business
• Work with the racing sales team to develop opportunities on racedays for conferences
• Visit business development opportunities as required to ensure all potential revenue is maximised; create weekly visit reports to be reviewed by the Head of C&E and Hotel Sales and the Chief Executive Officer
• Assist in building and enhancing long term client relationships, increasing client retention and referrals and building new business
• Attend client appointments, exhibitions and events
• Host and entertain potential partners at Newbury Racecourse
• Participate in local organisations to promote the Racecourse as a venue and develop relationships
You will be able to demonstrate:
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills combined with a flair for customer interaction
• Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
• Significant proactive sales experience
• Comprehensive understanding of budgets, forecasting and associated deliverables
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• A positive, proactive attitude
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including;
• 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + time off in lieu for weekend racedays worked
• Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
• Discounted Health Club membership
• Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
• Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
• Private healthcare scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Opportunities for training and career growth
We are keen to consider candidates with a wide range of experience, so welcome applications from those looking for executive and manager roles.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number JID1062 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.