Sales Ledger & Credit Control
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Fixed Term: Maternity Cover
Newbury Racecourse is an award winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year plus a wide range of other exciting events including concerts, weddings and exhibitions. In 2019 we will deliver over 200 event days, this includes a raceday concert from Madness, Dubai Duty Free International and Ladbrokes Winter Carnival.
We are now seeking an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our dedicated finance team. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will primarily take responsibility for the management of the Sales Ledger function for Newbury Racecourse plc. This is a maternity cover vacancy and as such the appointment will be made on a fixed term basis (anticipated 1-year).
This role will include;
• Managing the sales ledger function for the trading business, property division, Rocking Horse Nursery and The Lodge to maximize the company’s cash flow position and minimize the risk of bad debts.
• Ensuring invoices and credit notes are raised within a timely manner, coded to the correct nominal, department and budgets.
• Operating a credit control process to include sending statements, chasing outstanding debts by telephone, email and face to face meetings and implementing CCJs where necessary.
• Attending monthly ledger reviews with the Financial Controller and provide a full update on the status of outstanding debts and recovery actions.
• Assisting with the direct debit collections for the Rocking Horse Nursery.
• Reconciliation of month end/year end financial information and providing lead schedules and backing documentation as required.
• Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts including Debtors and Deferred Income.
• Assisting with raceday duties as and when required which may include weekend working.
The successful candidate will need a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, willing to take on other duties and proactively assist as required in a small and busy team. Excellent communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with colleagues and clients alike will be crucial.
Previous experience in a comparable role supported by relevant qualifications (AAT or equivalent) will be essential. The ideal candidate will be highly accurate with excellent IT skills, particularly proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd on email@example.com quoting reference number JID1088 in the email subject line.
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.