Car Parking at Newbury Racecourse is in a transitional phase as the development progresses.
Car Park 1 – Centre of the Course – Premier Enclosure customers, Members, Hospitality customers and Sponsors.
Car Park 2 – Owners & Trainers, Jockeys, Officials and Media.
Car Park 3 – Horse boxes
Car Park 4 & Car Park 5 – Grandstand & Disabled – Grandstand Enclosure customers Coaches, Limousines and Minibuses – there is an allocated section for Premier Customers & Members who wish to park in this car park.
Note: If you are unsure of where to park, please ask one of our car parking attendants who will direct you to the correct area
As a busy leisure venue with free parking, traffic can be congested particularly on bigger days. Please see our top tips below to ease your journey and queuing time.
- If you can get the train then do but ensure you have also checked for any engineering works or bus replacement services
- Check travel news before departure, we will report major incidents on Twitter as much as we can
- On major race days, traffic to the racecourse will be busy
- To avoid queues and delays arrive within the first hour of gates opening
- An hour before and up to first race entry to the course will be very busy
- Access and egress to and from the centre of the course car park will be delayed when horses are on the course for each race. Our traffic team will endeavour to keep these delays to a minimum
- Please note that you may find a practical pair of shoes for grass useful for transfering from centre course car park
- There is parking in the Grandstand enclosure for members, drive towards the Grandstand and ask the traffic team for directions
- There are delays when leaving after major races or the last race, this can be up to an hour on very busy days
- Take advantage of our bars or coffee shop that are open a little later and wait for the majority of the traffic to clear