Newbury Racecourse offers the full Racing, Dining & Hospitality experience with a variety of restaurants & bars ranging from fine dining in the racecourses many boxes, through to more informal Cafe style eateries.
Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic, talented and loyal individuals to work at the racecourse both full-time and on a casual basis within racing (30 dates per year) and conferences & events (365 days per year).
For enquiries about full time positions or work experience, please email your CV with covering letter to email@example.com.
The Rocking Horse Nursery Team Leader
The Rocking Horse Nursery is now seeking an experienced Team Leader who will be responsible for managing and maintaining the smooth running of one of our rooms in line with the practice and policies of the nursery and in compliance with the various childcare acts, provisions, confidentiality, health and safety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and guiding the staff of the section to care for the children allocated to the unit.
- In partnership with the unit staff, providing an environment and opportunity for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential, achieving a positive self-image.
- In partnership with the unit staff, encouraging and playing with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience.
- Enabling parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by ensuring that correct confidential records, daily journals and other notes are maintained.
- Discussing with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and to bring to the notice of the parents any cause for concern, after discussion with the manager.
- Within the area provided and with equipment available, maintaining at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children with special consideration for the milk kitchen and food preparation area. Assisting at meal times and bottle-feeding as necessary.
- Carrying out any other duties that may from time to time be specified by the manager, as deemed necessary for the correct conduct of the nursery, in compliance with government rules and regulations in force together with the guidance of appropriate social services directives.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience within a nursery environment and hold a minimum level 3 NVQ in Childcare.
For details of how to apply please click the button below.
Experienced Grounds Person
We are seeking an experienced Grounds Person to report to the Head Groundsman, assisting him in all aspects of maintenance, preparation and repair of the racetrack and surrounding estate. You will become an integral part of the groundstaff team, taking part in vital projects which will contribute to the future development of the racecourse estate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant Grounds related qualifications
- Experience of sports ground management or equivalent
- A valid full driving licence
- Mechanical skills
- Horticultural Skills
- Basic computer literacy
Click below to download the full job description.
Newbury Racecourse is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to take up the role of Maintenance Manager. Reporting into the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will take overall responsibility for ensuring the effective planned and reactive maintenance of all building stock and associated plant and equipment.
Main duties will include;
• Managing a small team of multi-skilled technicians, casual and contractual staff
• Assisting in the creation and operation of the maintenance budget, ensuring that all projects and services are delivered in the most cost effective manner
• Manage inspection of the premises and facilities regularly, identifying maintenance needs and taking action as necessary
• Implementing and operating a new planned preventative maintenance (PPM) system to ensure full compliance with all health and safety and statutory inspections
• Ensuring all electrical, mechanical and all other mandatory testing is carried out and compliant with current best practice
• Ensure Health and Safety compliance and safe systems of work within the team, including compiling risk assessments
• Ensure that equipment covered by statutory regulations is kept up to date with certification and that associated documentation is compliant and available, including COSHH, calibrated equipment, lifting gear, fire equipment, electrical testing, PAT testing
• Liaising with the Head of Operations to assist in redevelopment projects
• Provide support to all racing events (including set up and de-rig), ensuring the smooth operation of all building and maintenance needs throughout the event compliant to BHAGI standards
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and proactive, with enthusiasm for both the role and the racecourse. You must be an efficient administrator with excellent IT skills. Prior experience in a similar role will be highly advantageous, particularly if you are able to demonstrate effective team management skills. Relevant qualifications such as HVAC and 17th edition (or equivalent), though not essential, would be both useful and valuable.
To see the full job description and find application information, click the link below