Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic individuals with good personal skills to work at the Racecourse within racing and conferences & events as well as in The Lodge and the Rocking Horse Nursery. We offer roles on both a full-time and on a casual basis.
Casual Work Recruitment Open Days
If you have great personal skills and love variety we’d love to speak to you.
If you’re interested in part-time or casual work at a range of different events and/or racedays, watch this space for details of our next casual work recruitment day.
Newbury Racecourse offer a wide range of opportunities for individuals of ALL ages and we welcome applications for the following casual roles (minimum age is 16 years old), many roles offer full training and the opportunity for development and promotion:
As part of our ambitious on-going development Newbury Racecourse are now seeking a pro-active Marketing Manager to join the team in promotion of the racecourse, increasing exposure and lead generation with a strong focus on Conference and Events. In 2017 we will deliver over 200 event days, as well as raceday concerts from Jess Glynne and Olly Murs, Al Shaqab Lockinge Day and the first year of the Ladbrokes Winter Carnival. The Racecourse has recently opened a 36 bedroom on-site hotel and will soon launch a brand new 200 seater Conference Centre, The Owners Club.
The successful candidate in this role will work with the Head of Marketing to:
- Develop and deliver all marketing plans and activity
- Devise and execute marketing campaigns in line with Racecourse’s objectives and in support of the broader vision
- Assume responsibility for specific campaigns to ensure that they deliver against agreed targets
- Create digital campaigns and utilise social media channels to help inbound marketing as well as improve social presence
- Manage external agencies as required to ensure all elements of marketing are covered, e.g. website, artwork, print and digital
- Generate leads through the appropriate use of the marketing mix to create and develop print and digital collateral to assist with campaigns and messaging
- Implement appropriate measures to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns in order to target resources appropriately
- Ensure that the Racecourse website and associated micro sites are up to date and accurate
- Build strong working relationships with the sales team and other key internal contacts
- Build and maintain communication with relevant publications and bodies to help promote the Racecourse
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant relevant experience in a comparable environment
- Successful track record of marketing to businesses, with knowledge of C&E a particular advantage
- Academic ability, educated to graduate level or equivalent
- Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
- In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
- 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays + time off in lieu for weekend racedays worked
- Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets for friends and family
- Discounted Health Club membership
- Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Opportunities for training and career growth
We are keen to consider candidates with a wide range of experience, so welcome applications from those looking for executive and manager roles.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number CND-P507 in the email subject line
All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum.
Assistant Duty Manager at The Lodge
Newbury Racecourse urgently seeks an Assistant Duty Manager to support the day-to-day operation of The Lodge, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds agreed targets for customer satisfaction and revenue. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to play a central role in the growth and success of a small, contemporary new hotel.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Greeting guests on arrival and providing exceptional service throughout their stay
- Ensuring the property and surrounding areas are prepared for the arrival of guests
- Ensuring bedrooms are inspected on a daily basis and kept up to standards (with assistance from the outsourced housekeeping team)
- Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
- Ensuring that all agreed quality standards are adhered to
- Ensuring stock within the business is managed to the agreed levels
- Taking responsibility for compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations, including arranging staff training
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent communication and customer service skills and the confidence necessary to act as an ambassador for The Lodge and the racecourse.
You will be able to use your initiative, exercise sound judgment and work unsupervised. Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, as will excellent IT skills and confidence with MS Office programs.
This is a full time role and is likely to include hours of work during evenings, weekends and overnight on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. email@example.com quoting reference number CND-P506 in the email subject line