Newbury Racecourse offers the full Racing, Dining & Hospitality experience with a variety of restaurants & bars ranging from fine dining in the racecourses many boxes, through to more informal Cafe style eateries.
Newbury Racecourse is always seeking enthusiastic, talented and loyal individuals to work at the racecourse both full-time and on a casual basis within racing (30 dates per year) and conferences & events (365 days per year).
For enquiries about full time positions or work experience, please email your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Systems Technician
An opportunity has now arisen for an IT Systems Technician to join our team. Reporting into the Business Systems Manager, you will help ensure the provision of a highly efficient and reliable IT network service for all staff and visitors to Newbury Racecourse
This is a varied role and duties will include:
- The creation, maintenance and upkeep of broadcasting SSID’s.
- The configuration of network clients, including the allocation of the necessary software.
- Installing and testing peripherals.
- Maintaining user accounts and permissions.
- Installing and maintaining standard network cabling.
- Monitoring and reporting the network health status; then resolving issues if required.
- Following extended maintenance procedures according to a defined schedule.
- Recording, retrieving and maintaining information in the asset management database.
- Performing diagnostics and recovery routines on infrastructure and end user equipment.
- Supporting the implementation of any new solutions or technologies.
- Assisting with the management of the IT Service Helpdesk.
- Performing PC hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Diagnosing and resolving PC, printer, peripheral and software faults.
- Providing Audio/Visual support to staff and clients.
- Adhering to the ICT Acceptable Use Policy and giving guidance to others.
- Performing IT support on Newbury Race Event Days and for Conference and Hospitality events
- Establishing constructive relationships and communicating with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the Business Systems Manager, to deliver the aims of the Racecourse business.
- Documenting and distributing support material for staff and customers, including help sheets.
- Training new and current users on software and equipment.
The Rocking Horse Nursery is experiencing a dramatic increase in demand for places having moved into fantastic new “state of the art” facilities at the end of last year, and is currently seeking Nursery Nurses at all levels to become an integral part of our dedicated team providing flexible support on a casual basis.
You may hold either a level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare and have experience of working in a nursery environment. We will also consider applications from individuals who are keen to work towards these qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating a learning environment within our new facility for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential
- Encourage and play with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience
- Enable parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by assisting the Senior Nursery Nurse to maintain correct confidential development records, daily journals and other notes
- To discuss with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and to bring to the immediate notice of the Senior Nursery Nurse any cause for concern
- Maintain at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children. Assist in the maintenance of correct records, which are kept for special dietary needs. Assist in the supervision of meal times and feeding techniques.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be specified by the Senior Staff and be deemed necessary for the correct conduct of the nursery in compliance with government rules and regulations in force together with the guidance of appropriate social services directives
New Business Development Executive
Newbury Racecourse requires a New Business Development Executive to join our friendly team supporting the Head of Sales in proactively sourcing new business revenue for Raceday hospitality, restaurants and annual boxes.
Main duties will include;
- To work as part of a team to achieve the Raceday hospitality, restaurant and annual box revenue plans
- To contribute to and support the Raceday Sales Strategy
- To proactively target new business revenue for Raceday hospitality, restaurants and annual boxes
- To proactively manage the customer relationship on Racedays by meeting and greeting and troubleshooting where necessary
- To prepare detailed and accurate proposals and accurate contract documents
- To ensure the booking system is updated in real time to allow for accurate sales forecasting
- To update the CRM system with sales activities and ensure all customer information is accurate
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication skills and a flair for customer interaction
- Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position and the Racecourse
- Significant proactive sales experience
- Excellent IT and administrative skills
- A positive, proactive attitude