The Rocking Horse Nursery Team Leader
The Rocking Horse Nursery is now seeking an experienced Team Leader who will be responsible for managing and maintaining the smooth running of one of our rooms in line with the practice and policies of the nursery and in compliance with the various childcare acts, provisions, confidentiality, health and safety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and guiding the staff of the section to care for the children allocated to the unit.
- In partnership with the unit staff, providing an environment and opportunity for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential, achieving a positive self-image.
- In partnership with the unit staff, encouraging and playing with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience.
- Enabling parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by ensuring that correct confidential records, daily journals and other notes are maintained.
- Discussing with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and to bring to the notice of the parents any cause for concern, after discussion with the manager.
- Within the area provided and with equipment available, maintaining at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children with special consideration for the milk kitchen and food preparation area. Assisting at meal times and bottle-feeding as necessary.
- Carrying out any other duties that may from time to time be specified by the manager, as deemed necessary for the correct conduct of the nursery, in compliance with government rules and regulations in force together with the guidance of appropriate social services directives.
The ideal candidate must have at least 3 years’ experience within a nursery environment and hold a minimum level 3 NVQ in Childcare.
For details of how to apply please click the button below.