Revenue & Reservations Manager at The Lodge
Newbury Racecourse is one of the UK’s leading sporting venues, with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 race meetings each year, alongside a wide range of other events. As part of the ambitious ongoing re-development of the site, Newbury Racecourse has opened The Lodge, a 36 room hotel offering outstanding accommodation to stable staff on and around race-days, and to the public for the remainder of the year.
Newbury Racecourse urgently seeks an experienced Revenue & Reservations Manager to identify and proactively pursue revenue maximisation within The Lodge to ensure profitability, reservation and occupancy levels, quality standards and guest satisfaction. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to play a central role in the growth and success of a small, contemporary new hotel.
The successful candidate in this role will;
- Be responsible for the accuracy of all commercial forecasting, reporting, analysis and evaluation of hotel performance. Carefully monitor and keep accurate records of progress against revenue targets/annual budgets, able to report at request to senior management and/or the finance team.
- Oversee performance and efficiency of every revenue line and ensure that hotel sales strategies are being executed.
- Identify areas of opportunity within pricing and inventory management that subsequently add value to the hotel’s total revenue performance.
- Plan and create The Lodge’s objectives and targets including the annual revenue budget.
- Utilise relevant revenue systems to analyse an ever-changing market and business, ensuring yield and other department revenue/ sales are maximised at all times.
- Drive the ARR and RevPAR (and other KPIs as required) to meet and exceed the targets set out in the annual budget.
- Implement a thorough day by day, by market segment, rooms forecasting process to support strategic direction and reporting
- Build relationships with key 3rd Party Agents and leveraging this rapport as appropriate across all income generating departments, ensuring the hotel’s visibility online is maximised.
- Work closely with the Senior Duty Manager and FOH team, to ensure full knowledge of hotel rates and terms of business and every opportunity is taken to upsell rooms with the aim of achieving maximum occupancy at maximum rate.
- Be available to assist the FOH team with any queries around rates, group bookings etc
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Significant relevant experience in a comparable environment
- Precise analytical and excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Intermediate or advanced MS Excel knowledge and highly IT literate in all other MS Office applications
- Motivation and enthusiasm, for both the position, The Lodge and the Racecourse
In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
- 33 days holiday per year (Inc. Bank Holidays)
- Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets for friends and family
- Discounted Health Club membership
- Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Opportunities for training and career growth
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are happy to consider applications from candidates looking for a full time role, or for flexible or part time working.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd.
email@example.comQuoting reference number CND-P513 in the email subject line. All direct and third party responses will be forwarded to Conundrum