The Rocking Horse Nursery is experiencing a dramatic increase in demand for places having moved into fantastic new “state of the art” facilities at the end of last year, and is currently seeking Nursery Nurses at all levels to become an integral part of our dedicated team providing flexible support on a casual basis.
You may hold either a level 2 or 3 NVQ in Childcare and have experience of working in a nursery environment. We will also consider applications from individuals who are keen to work towards these qualifications.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating a learning environment within our new facility for the children to naturally develop and realise their potential
- Encourage and play with the children including excursions (weather permitting) to ensure a rounded experience
- Enable parents to feel secure and involved in the development of their child by assisting the Senior Nursery Nurse to maintain correct confidential development records, daily journals and other notes
- To discuss with the parents, as requested at the appropriate time, the progress of the child and to bring to the immediate notice of the Senior Nursery Nurse any cause for concern
- Maintain at all times suitable conditions of hygiene and cleanliness for the children. Assist in the maintenance of correct records, which are kept for special dietary needs. Assist in the supervision of meal times and feeding techniques.
- Carry out any other duties that may from time to time be specified by the Senior Staff and be deemed necessary for the correct conduct of the nursery in compliance with government rules and regulations in force together with the guidance of appropriate social services directives