Newbury Racecourse is seeking to appoint an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to take up the role as Maintenance Technician. Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will both have full working knowledge of safe working practices and a proactive approach and will carry out a varied range of maintenance duties across the NRC site.
Main duties will include:
Supporting the Maintenance Manager in the safe operation and maintenance of all plant, equipment and installations while maintaining efficient and high performance standards.
- Giving site support to the set up and de-rig of all site events and provide race day support.
- Taking a proactive attitude in identification and resolution of defects.
- Undertaking systems installation / maintenance / repair work as required.
- Carry out building fabric repairs and small works such as painting & decorating etc.
- Undertaking all necessary repairs and PPM tasks of a statutory and non-statutory nature relating to Electrical systems, Boilers, HVAC and General Building elements and advise your line
Manager on remedial action required.
- Working on new installations and undertake training on new techniques and legislation as required and pass on knowledge to others.
- Completing all necessary paperwork to support tasks and provide an audit trail for legislative compliance.
- Completing risk assessment and method statement review for all contractors prior to carrying out their works.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, all relevant Health & Safety Legislation and site specific Health, Safety and welfare policies.
- Ensuring communication to the team on activity that will have any impact on the site staff or facilities.
- Maintaining contractor, O&M and service records.The ideal candidate will have a flexible attitude in order to work independently and as part of a team, with enthusiasm for both the role and the Racecourse.
Essential qualifications are One of the following:
- Electrical City & Guilds 2365 with 17th Edition and Test & Inspection. City and Guilds in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning. City, Gas Safe Commercial and Domestic.
- Proven competence in Electrical Controls systems associated with Mechanical Services and the ability to diagnose faults and put forward appropriate rectification measures will also be required.
- A valid UK driving licence.
You will be required to work during all racedays and events. In return we offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits scheme including:
- 33 days holiday per year (including public holidays)
- Free annual membership to the Racecourse + complimentary tickets
- Discounted Health Club membership
- Reduced rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Free parking
- Opportunities for training and career growth
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. at email@example.com quoting reference number CND-P453 in the email subject line.