Newbury Racecourse is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced individual to take up the role of Maintenance Manager. Reporting into the Head of Operations, the successful candidate will take overall responsibility for ensuring the effective planned and reactive maintenance of all building stock and associated plant and equipment.
Main duties will include;
• Managing a small team of multi-skilled technicians, casual and contractual staff
• Assisting in the creation and operation of the maintenance budget, ensuring that all projects and services are delivered in the most cost effective manner
• Manage inspection of the premises and facilities regularly, identifying maintenance needs and taking action as necessary
• Implementing and operating a new planned preventative maintenance (PPM) system to ensure full compliance with all health and safety and statutory inspections
• Ensuring all electrical, mechanical and all other mandatory testing is carried out and compliant with current best practice
• Ensure Health and Safety compliance and safe systems of work within the team, including compiling risk assessments
• Ensure that equipment covered by statutory regulations is kept up to date with certification and that associated documentation is compliant and available, including COSHH, calibrated equipment, lifting gear, fire equipment, electrical testing, PAT testing
• Liaising with the Head of Operations to assist in redevelopment projects
• Provide support to all racing events (including set up and de-rig), ensuring the smooth operation of all building and maintenance needs throughout the event compliant to BHAGI standards
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and proactive, with enthusiasm for both the role and the racecourse. You must be an efficient administrator with excellent IT skills. Prior experience in a similar role will be highly advantageous, particularly if you are able to demonstrate effective team management skills. Relevant qualifications such as HVAC and 17th edition (or equivalent), though not essential, would be both useful and valuable.
To see the full job description and find application information, click the link below