IT Systems Technician
An opportunity has now arisen for an IT Systems Technician to join our team. Reporting into the Business Systems Manager, you will help ensure the provision of a highly efficient and reliable IT network service for all staff and visitors to Newbury Racecourse
This is a varied role and duties will include:
- The creation, maintenance and upkeep of broadcasting SSID’s.
- The configuration of network clients, including the allocation of the necessary software.
- Installing and testing peripherals.
- Maintaining user accounts and permissions.
- Installing and maintaining standard network cabling.
- Monitoring and reporting the network health status; then resolving issues if required.
- Following extended maintenance procedures according to a defined schedule.
- Recording, retrieving and maintaining information in the asset management database.
- Performing diagnostics and recovery routines on infrastructure and end user equipment.
- Supporting the implementation of any new solutions or technologies.
- Assisting with the management of the IT Service Helpdesk.
- Performing PC hardware repairs and upgrades.
- Diagnosing and resolving PC, printer, peripheral and software faults.
- Providing Audio/Visual support to staff and clients.
- Adhering to the ICT Acceptable Use Policy and giving guidance to others.
- Performing IT support on Newbury Race Event Days and for Conference and Hospitality events
- Establishing constructive relationships and communicating with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the Business Systems Manager, to deliver the aims of the Racecourse business.
- Documenting and distributing support material for staff and customers, including help sheets.
- Training new and current users on software and equipment.