Assistant Night Manager
The Lodge urgently seeks an Assistant Night Manager to join their friendly team. This is a position of responsibility taking care of the hotel during the night, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds customer expectations whilst maintaining agreed standards of service.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Greeting late arrivals, answering queries, helping to resolve any issues and overall providing exceptional assistance and service to our guests during night-time hours
- Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
- Receive and process telephone and walk in reservations accurately to ensure guest satisfaction
- Carry out other administrative and reception duties that may be required
- Participate with night cleaning schedules as directed by the Senior Duty Manager
- Compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations
- Ensuring the security of the hotel during night-time hours
The successful candidate will:
- Be self-motivated and able to use their initiative
- Possess excellent communication and customer service skills
- Exercise sound judgment and be happy to work unsupervised
- Be an ambassador for The Lodge and the Newbury Racecourse
Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
This is a flexible hours role (approximately 2-3 nights per week) and will include hours of work during weekends and racedays on a rota basis. In return we are able to offer competitive pay.
For details on how to apply, please download the full job description below: