Assistant Duty Manager at The Lodge
Newbury Racecourse urgently seeks an Assistant Duty Manager to support the day-to-day operation of The Lodge, ensuring the hotel meets and exceeds agreed targets for customer satisfaction and revenue. This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic individual to play a central role in the growth and success of a small, contemporary new hotel.
This is a varied hands-on position and responsibilities will include, amongst others:
- Greeting guests on arrival and providing exceptional service throughout their stay
- Ensuring the property and surrounding areas are prepared for the arrival of guests
- Ensuring bedrooms are inspected on a daily basis and kept up to standards (with assistance from the outsourced housekeeping team)
- Assisting with food service and operating the on-site bar as and when required
- Ensuring that all agreed quality standards are adhered to
- Ensuring stock within the business is managed to the agreed levels
- Taking responsibility for compliance with all health and safety, food hygiene and fire safety regulations, including arranging staff training
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, with excellent communication and customer service skills and the confidence necessary to act as an ambassador for The Lodge and the racecourse.
You will be able to use your initiative, exercise sound judgment and work unsupervised. Previous work experience in a similar role within the hospitality, catering or sporting industries will be advantageous, as will excellent IT skills and confidence with MS Office programs.
This is a full time role and is likely to include hours of work during evenings, weekends and overnight on a rota basis.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter including remuneration details to Hugh Nickerson at Conundrum Consulting Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number CND-P506 in the email subject line